Hey boys, girls, and space cadets! The Fourth Tower of Inverness is set to rise from the mists surrounding the Bay of Inverness once again…
Starts Monday July 1, 2013
The Fourth Tower of Infoweb… I mean, Inverness, has arrived at Radio InfoWeb! As “Lady Jowels” explains, “there is no Fourth Tower of Inverness”. So where else would you expect to find it but here?
The Fourth Tower is presented in its original form, as 14 weeks of daily 10 minute episodes (Monday thru Friday). To ensure that each and every one of you can listen in, regardless of your schedule, each days episode will be repeated every few hours around the clock. However, if you miss a day, you’re probably out of luck. We may provide “catch-up” broadcasts… stay tuned for that! We’ll also give it a repeat run after the full 14 weeks have been aired.
The Fourth Tower is a fantasy/sci-fi/psycho-spiritual radio series. One episode will air each day in multiple time slots. It’s a radio drama, which is sort of like a TV drama except you don’t have to look at the screen. It’s all in your head. Just like Radio InfoWeb.
Jack Flanders – Adventurer Extraordinaire
I’ll post more specific air date/time information as it becomes available. In the meantime, you’ll notice some ID’s that mention its imminent arrival sprinkled throughout the live stream.
More radio for your head. Stay tuned!
Previous run started Dec 12, 2012
[originally published Oct 28th, 2012 @ 19:45]
Because it’s Very Chill in Deep Space
Experience with running “chill sets” during working weekdays indicated that a better way would be to have a 24hr Deep Space Chill stream. So that’s what we’ve done. You can listen via TuneIn.com with your browser, or using the TuneIn App. Accept no substitutes! As a German listener told us: “Deep Space Chill is The Hammer“.
For your streaming player: http://stream.radioinfoweb.net:8000/chill
– or shortcut for phones, browsers –
This is not your mother’s Chill music. This is Deep Space Chill… because it’s very cold in deep space. Here are some of the parameters we’ve used for selecting the music you’ll find in rotating sets on the chill channel…
- Good for meditating, work, or spacing way out
- Good for inter-stellar and inter-galactic space travel
- No vocals. Vocalizations (you know, the “ethereal female” variety) are held to a strict minimum
- No thumpa-thumpa Nazi duck-step music that pervades popular techno, house, and chill
- An emphasis on “concrete” music (sorry to use a French word, but that’s the best one)
- De-emphasis of beat-orientation, pop-orientation, and even melody orientation
- Mostly down-tempo; as is our wont, tempo and other qualities are modulated into arcs to produce an organic and/or spacey ebb and flow. Dig it!
- Some jazz flavor is allowed
- Some exceptions have sneaked in, but we allowed them for various reasons including variety (and the limited amount of music that meets our specs)
Need help and don’t have our contact number? Tune into our main stream and listen for our contact info. Then call, text, or email and we’ll be glad to help.
For chill on the mainstream (the main Radio InfoWeb stream), there are shows in the mix that includes “Music from the Minds of Space” and others that provides sets of music with a similar sensibility.
As always, we really appreciate your feedback. Feel free to call, text, or email us anytime. To find out how, all you have to do is listen! [To limit spam, we don’t post much contact information on the website. We are, after all, a radio station first, a website second.]